Hey, are you searching for a complete solution on opticover wifi extender access point? Here is the solution. After reading this article you can set up Opticover WiFi Extender.
WiFi routers of the most recent generation can give you a great wireless network. However, the reach of each of them is constrained by the network. Additionally, depending on your home arrangement, there is the interference aspect.
Multiple versions of Opticover Wireless Extender are available. The Opticover N300, however, is the most well-known. The N300 will serve as our extension for the instruction in this guide. You can use the procedures listed here if you have another Opticover WiFi extender.
So, Let’s Start!
Opticover Wifi Extender Access Point
It is crucial to verify that your wireless router and the Opticover WiFI extension are compatible before you start. Both single-band and dual-band are supported by the Opticover WiFi extender. You are fine to go if your router supports them. The setup procedure also depends on the band you plan to utilize.
The user can connect to Opticover in three different ways:
You may effortlessly connect to any router brand out there with Opticover. You have two choices for how to approach the setup:
- WPS button option
- Web interface login option.
Let’s explain both of them below.
By the end of the instruction, you should be able to expand your Wi-Fi network with the Opticover wireless range extender. The extender also functions with practically all WiFi routers.
Opticover WiFi Repeater Extender Setup WPS Method
Use the WPS method if you want to avoid entering complicated settings and begin using the Opticover WiFi repeater equipment right away.
Take your Opticover WiFi repeater out of the box in order to begin using the approach. The steps following must be taken once the box has been opened.
- Connect the electricity to the OptiCover WiFi repeater. Any compatible power wall socket may be used. You must plug in close to your WiFi router to complete the setup. The power switch should be turned on from the right side as well.
- On the side of the WiFi extender, there is now a switch mode.
- After that, change to Repeater mode.
- The WPS button must now be depressed for at least SIX seconds, or until the light flashes. The WPS will then begin.
- After that, you must press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- Hold off for a time. The Opticover Wi-Fi extender will restart after which solid lights will appear to indicate a successful connection. The signal is a solid shade of green.
- When everything is set up, move the Opticover extender to a central location for a better wireless network.
The connection can break down occasionally. In that situation, you must confirm that WPS signals are received by the Wi-Fi router. You must log in to the Wi-Fi router settings in order to verify, and if WPS is not permitted, you must enable it.
Opticover WiFi Repeater Extender Web Interface Setup
The web interface configuration for the OptiCover WiFi extender follows next. This setup is a little complicated, so you might need some technical knowledge. It could be challenging if you have never used Wi-Fi routers. But if you follow the instructions precisely, you can proceed. Let’s get going.
The Opticover can be connected to your computer with an Ethernet connection. You can now use your computer to access the Wi-Fi extender settings. You can also establish a connection using the default Wi-Fi SSID name if you don’t have an ethernet cable. The rear of the device contains information about the Opticover Wi-Fi extender’s default IP address.
You don’t need to look for it, though, since we have you covered. The Opticover’s default IP address is 192.168.188.1
It is also reachable at the URL -ap. setup.
The login name is not relevant for the initial login. You can therefore leave it empty. The password can now either be empty, admin, 1234, or password.
Let’s now begin using the login web interface. You must take the following actions:
- Put the Opticover extender’s plug into the outlet. Ensure that it is close to your primary Wi-Fi router.
- Now switch to repeater mode on the mode button.
- You next need to navigate to your laptop, smartphone, or desktop’s Wi-Fi choice.
- The Opticover Extender’s default Wi-Fi SSID can be found there.
- You can now access the web browser on your device after connecting to it.
- From there, enter http://ap.setup or http://192.168.188.1 to access the Opticover login page.
- After a moment, the login page will load. The username and password that can be found on the back of the Opticover must now be used to log in.
This will launch Opticover’s status page. The status page will include details like:
A wizard menu will also be visible at the bottom. After clicking that, you must wait for the list of all nearby WiFi networks to repopulate. You must choose your primary Wi-Fi router from the list. When finished, click on it and then connect by entering your WiFi password. To authorize the connection between the extender and router, you must input the password.
The repeater SSID needs to be established after that. The SSID repeater you choose is totally up to you. You have the option of using an outdated Wi-Fi network SSID or a new one. The next step is to click “Connect” and then “Save Settings.”
The WiFi router will restart as a result. If it doesn’t, manually reboot it and move on to the next step.
Once you’ve done that, you can use the status page to check the repeater’s status. It indicates connection success if the color is solid green.
This is the best solution to the question opticover wifi extender access point.